COVID-19 Hospital Policy Update
Due to the risks of both our staff and clientele, Ruckersville Animal Hospital will be continuing curbside service indefinitely. While this is not ideal in any situation, it is what we must do to keep everyone safe. All of our staff wear facial masks while within the facility, as well as when we come out to greet you in our parking area. We have also numbered all of the parking spaces in front of our hospital to ensure we are as efficient as possible during appointments.
Please note the following procedure changes:
- Upon your arrival, we ask that you call our hospital at 434-985-7924. One of the Client Services Representative will take your information, including cell number and parking space number, and let the nurses know that you have arrived.
- One of our nurses will contact you on the number you provided to get medical history about your pet including the reason for visit, any applicable vaccines/tests, laboratory recommendations, etc. We also ask that you bring a copy of your pet's previous medical records should they be new to our hospital or have them previously send by past veterinary hospitals as well as a filled out "Welcome form" which can be obtained here: Client Information Sheet.
- We will ask that you bring your leashed dog or kenneled cat to the front porch area for the nurse to retrieve for their visit. Please do not leave our facility without informing the staff prior to leaving. This can cause issues with delays of medical treatment recommendations, specifically if we cannot reach you on your cell phone.
- After the doctor has finished their examination, they will contact you to discuss treatment options and any administered vaccines. They will also review any medication recommendations, additional testing, etc.
- Once we have all of the treatments completed and medications filled for your pet, one of our Client Services Representatives will contact you to take payment over the phone. We ask that all invoices be paid via credit card or Care Credit when applicable to minimize our contact with checks/cash. If you are only able to pay via check/cash, we understand and will never deny services because of this reason.
- After payment is received and your invoice is complete, the nurse who assisted with your pet's appointment will bring them outside to you and will review any applicable medications/diets and explain at home and follow up care.