**Due to the current scheduling restrictions, we are sometimes booking about 1.5-2 weeks out for routine visits. Please be understanding if we are unable to get your pet's wellness/vaccine visit in earlier than this due to sick patients being scheduled.**
- All pet visits are scheduled by appointment only. If possible, please schedule routine visits well in advance, especially if you are in need of a late afternoon or Saturday appointment, as these tend to book up quickly!
- To make your appointment run more smoothly, we ask that you please provide previous veterinary records for your pet and/or the contact information for the office prior to your pet's scheduled appointment. This will ensure that we have as much health information as possible about your pet and that they receive the proper annual vaccinations/tests.
Please note the following procedure changes:
- Upon your arrival, we ask that you call our hospital at 434-985-7924. One of the Client Services Representative will take your information, including cell number and parking space number, and let the nurses know that you have arrived.
- One of our nurses will contact you on the number you provided to get medical history about your pet including the reason for visit, any applicable vaccines/tests, laboratory recommendations, etc. We also ask that you bring a copy of your pet's previous medical records should they be new to our hospital or have them previously send by past veterinary hospitals as well as a filled out "Welcome form" which can be obtained here: Client Information Sheet.
- We will ask that you bring your leashed dog or kenneled cat to the front porch area for the nurse to retrieve for their visit. Please do not leave our facility without informing the staff prior to leaving. This can cause issues with delays of medical treatment recommendations, specifically if we cannot reach you on your cell phone.
- After the doctor has finished their examination, they will contact you to discuss treatment options and any administered vaccines. They will also review any medication recommendations, additional testing, etc.
- Once we have all of the treatments completed and medications filled for your pet, one of our Client Services Representatives will contact you to take payment over the phone. We ask that all invoices be paid via credit card or Care Credit when applicable to minimize our contact with checks/cash. If you are only able to pay via check/cash, we understand and will never deny services because of this reason.
- After payment is received and your invoice is complete, the nurse who assisted with your pet's appointment will bring them outside to you and will review any applicable medications/diets and explain at home and follow up care.